In versions 22.214.171.124 and below, the following SSL Protocols are supported:
- SSL v3
- TLS v1.0 (Default)
In most cases, Visual Casino 6 will connect via TLS v1.0; however in some instances it will fall back to SSL v3.
Note to System Administrators: If you disable SSLv3 via Schannel or disable the RC4 Cipher, Visual Casino 6 will not be able to communicate with our servers. This is due to a bug in .NET 3.5.
In versions 126.96.36.199 and above, the following SSL Protocols are supported assuming the proper Microsoft patch is installed:
- SSL v3
- TLS v1.0
- TLS v1.1
- TLS v1.2 (Default)
Choosing and forcing the SSL protocol is configurable as of Version 188.8.131.52. To set the SSL level:
- Log in to Visual Casino as a Visual Casino user that possesses Setup: Setup Advanced Settings privileges
- Select the Administration > Advanced Settings menu item
- Under the left-hand tree, select the Settings > Web Settings leaf
- Choose the desired SSL Protocol (e.g. TLS v1.2) from the dropdown menu
- Click on Save/Test
- If the proper patch is installed, the test will succeed. If the proper patch is not installed the test will fail. You may need to speak with your IT department to ensure the proper patch has been applied to the machine.
If you are experiencing issues connecting via TLS v1.1 or TLS v1.2, you may need to install a patch on your system. Use the following table to locate the required Rollup or Patch for your Operating System:
|Windows 7 SP1 or Window Server 2008 R2||KB3154518||KB3154518|
|Windows 8 or Window Server 2012||KB3154519||KB3154519|
|Windows 8.1 or Window Server 2012 R2||KB3154520||KB3154520|
|Windows 10 Build 1511||KB3154521||KB3154521|
|Windows 10 Build 1607||KB3201845||KB3201845|
|Window Server 2016||N/A||KB3201845|
Table 1: Required Minimum Rollup to use TLS v1.1 and TLS v1.2
In most cases, the link will be to a minimum required Update Rollup that is required in order to patch the bug in .NET 3.5 that prevents these requests from occurring successfully.