Authentication | Authorization
Visual Casino 6 is capable of delegating user authentication to an external lightweight directory access protocol (LDAP) service. Users will still be required to have specific permissions configured within Visual Casino 6 in order to have access to the application.
Visual Casino 6 uses LDAP to authenticate users against Active Directory. To that end, an LDAP service user must be created to authenticate users. It is recommended that this user have no login privileges and merely have the ability to authenticate users against LDAP.
Additionally, you will need to know the Organizational Unit and domain to authenticate against. We have provided an example of these pieces of information in Table 1.
|Active Directory User Name||vc6ldap|
|Active Directory Password||************|
|LDAP Table Name||LDAP://dc.example.com/CN=VC6,OU=Users,DC=ad,DC=example,DC=com|
Table 1: Example LDAP Settings for Visual Casino 6
To configure LDAP within Visual Casino 6:
- log in to Visual Casino 6 as a Visual Casino user in the Administrators group
- Select Administration > System Settings > General Settings
- Select the Active Directory tab
- Enter the LDAP service user and password, the LDAP Table Name1, and the domain that the users log in to
Configuration of LDAP Authentication is now complete.
NOTE: No Active Directory users have been enabled to use Visual Casino 6 at this point. You must authorize users within Visual Casino 6 before their Active Directory credentials will grant them access to the Visual Casino 6 application.
Once Authentication is configured, users must be granted permission to access the Visual Casino 6 application. To grant a user access to Visual Casino 6:
- log in to Visual Casino 6 as a Visual Casino user with User Management capabilities
- Select Administration > User Management ...
- Click the create new user icon
- Set the new user's username to their domain username
- Choose Windows Authentication and select the domain from the dropdown menu
- Click the Member Of tab
- Assign the appropriate group to the user
- Click OK
1 The Table Name is comprised of LDAP://, the name of the ldap server, /, and the distinguishedName of the Organizational Unit or Group that is to be granted permission to authenticate with Visual Casino 6