An eMotive account is not switched on without a signed certification from employers that they will use the reports only for employment purposes that will not be in violation of federal and where applicable, state law, and attest to the following:
• That an employer has notified its employees that they are being background checked post-employment and have received written permission to get a background report on them for the same.
• That the employer will comply with the FCRA’s requirements.
• That the employer won’t discriminate against an applicant or employee, or otherwise misuse the information in a report in violation of Federal or State Equal Employment Opportunity laws or EEOC or FCRA regulations.
• That an employer will provide access to information about the FCRA, including information about their responsibilities to their employees under the statute, including the summary of consumer rights under the FCRA. These are also provided at different stages through the process from the point of onboarding onward and right through the process of a report being generated. These notifications are provided in the eMotive system itself at multiple steps and are available for immediate printing for the consumer/employee in each of those steps. The HR person only needs to hit a button.
• That an employer will honor the rights of applicants and employees, including by giving them access to their files when they ask for them and conduct a reasonable investigation when they dispute the accuracy of information. Their data can be printed and is accessible and made available.
All Biometrica’s data is directly 100% sourced from law enforcement, it is not collected from any other agency and there is no human interface between the time it is ingested from a LEA to the time an HR person is asked to make a determination on a possible match, it is all algorithmically generated.